Monday 30 June 2014

Lego II (Lego Creator 31025: Mountain Hut)

So I just finished the Divergent Trilogy which is absolutely fascinating, and I feel like I am still living in a world with factions! It is difficult for me to detach myself from the novel but I know I have to go back to reality, so I decided to build another Lego Set!

The Lego set I bought this time is called Mountain Hut and it is a 3 in 1 model, so basically you can build it in 3 different ways. I decided to build the one in the bottom right, and perhaps I will build the other models later!



This set comes with much more Lego pieces than the Captain America VS Hydra (550 compared to 172) so it took me more time to organise and build. 

This looks quite messy

Decided to sort them into different colours so that it will be easier to find them

It took me around 20 minutes to organise the Lego pieces, and of course the photos above only show part of the pieces! It took me another hour to complete the model, and I am happy to see that it comes with some small details in the house so it looks like someone is actually living inside.

Without further ado, let's see the finished Mountain Hut!


As you can see, there is a window and a chimney, as well as a Christmas tree; it seems like someone is preparing dinner inside! This set comes with a minifigure of the owner of the hut and his car.

He's ready for some adventure!

The interesting part of this set is you can literally open the hut and see what is inside!

Welcome to my humble hut!
The interior of the hut
A stove inside the hut
Small details: (Middle) A picture adorns the wall and (Left) what looks like a dining area

My Lego collection so far
So yeah that's it for this post. I like this Lego set not only because it looks good on the outside but also because of the little things inside. It does not take long to finish this set, so anyone who wants to decorate his or her house can consider buying this model! The fact that it can be built in 3 different ways make it more valuable and I think it is also very suitable for children!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! :)
    Makes the post a lot more relatable for non-lego-lovers.
    Hope you no longer think you live in a world of factions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Emma! Hope you will find Lego interesting after reading my blog and perhaps start building.
    Haha I actually want to live in a world of factions, guess it's quite fascinating and exciting to be a Dauntless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Referring to your finished product as a "humble hut" is reflective of your humility. Thank you for the inspiration. Although I may not start building, I will still continue to support your beautiful blog.
    I also appreciate the juxtaposition between man-made lego in the foreground, and natural beauty in the background of the blog.
    Thank you for your recommendation, I will start tonight.
    You are so awe-inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly flattered by your comment, Emma. Your blog has inspired me immensely and is one of the reasons why I started mine.

      The background choice was initially unintentionally, yet when I think more about it now, I can't help but like it more. Nowadays, people often find themselves engulfed by modern consumerism (such as the LEGO sets I bought), and the background illustrates my desire to live somewhere that is tranquil, serene, undisturbed for a while (Maybe the Beverly Hills in Tai Po). I would sometime picture myself "wander lonely as a cloud"; carefree.

      Delete